and NEWADA Duo.
The project NEWADA (Network of Danube Waterway Administrations) aimed to develop transnational partnerships on matters of strategic importance, in order to improve the territorial, economic and social integration process and to contribute to cohesion, stability and competitiveness of the region. Project ‘NEWADA’ was successfuly finalised in April 2012 and ‘NEWADA duo’ project has been launched in October 2012.
The following are among the main goals defined for NEWADA duo:
- Improved waterway management (integrated, sustainable and regionally coordinated)
- Enhanced waterway maintenance (improved and coordinated performance)
- Improved customer orientation of waterway related services
- Harmonized waterway infrastructure related basic data (defined quality, scope and availability of data)
- Enhanced usage of Information and Communication Technologies (harmonized and up-to-date fairway information)
- Increased visibility of waterway authorities
- Provide transition support from pilot implementation to regular operation
- Enable countries to tackle national priorities by involving partners
for more information please go to: http://www.newada-duo.eu/