The fund it is proposed by the Austrian Development Agency (ADA) together with the Austrian Association of Cities and Towns (AACT) and KDZ – Centre for Public Administration Research.
The objective of BACID is to strengthen capacities of the authorities in the non-EU countries of the Western Balkans and Moldova in order to introduce and implement EU acquits relevant to local and regional governments. This will be achieved by building structures and cooperation for promotion of the process of democratization and regional development.
Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia, Kosovo and Moldova and Austria.
€ 30,000 is available per call, with the maximum amount of grant available per action of € 6,000.
- Health and social care
- Capacity building – human resources
- Greening cities
- Disaster risk management
- Cultural heritage
- Culture and creative industries
- Industrial restructuring
- Municipal Finances
- Sustainable administration
- Services of general interest
- Promoting cities
- Sustainable urbanisation
- Urban security
- Waste management
The applicants must be:
- A legal or natural person registered in Austria.
- A public or private entity/person, including both business sector and non-profit making organisations.
- Be one of the following: Local or regional government administration OR public institution or enterprise OR association of regional/local governments OR national government body with a competence related to regional/local governance OR NGO/other civil society organisation OR regional and trans-border organisation.
- Registered in one of the following countries: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Kosovo, Montenegro, Macedonia, Albania and Moldova or, other country in case of regional and trans-border organisations.
For more information, please visit BASID FUNDS